Monday 23 March 2015

Bruce Lacey

Bruce Lacey  was born in 1927 in  Britain and is stil alive now he was  an writer, poet, comedian  and an artist, he had created lots of robots that he was fames from and dada work  sketches and arts work

















now I know more then I know before this lesson
*I know who  'Spike Milligan' and what he did
*that I will place a joke on my grave stone
*I also know what  The Goons  the show is
*I know Bruce lacy and what he dose
*and that he created robots an was surreal

Tucked away on Fairport Convention’s 1969 album What We Did On Our Holidays is a psychedelic blues song called ‘Mr Lacey’. In the middle eight, if you listen closely, you can detect faint mechanical beeps and whirrs. These ‘noises off’ emanated from automata constructed by Bruce Lacey, the Fairport members’ near neighbour in Muswell Hill at the time, and an artist whose work, by the late ’60s, dwelt on the threshold of performance, sculpture, film, robotics, painting and environmental installation. ‘No one here understands now,’ runs the song’s closing line, ‘but maybe some day they’ll catch up with you http://www.frieze.com/issue/review/bruce-lacey/




No comments:

Post a Comment