Tuesday 28 June 2016

poster designs

One of the first designs for the banners I made
 So after taking some photos of different objects and structures around the the art department I downloaded the images to the computer and manipulated the images in Photoshop using the classic 3 tools that should be used on every uploaded picture (levels, curves, selective colors) it makes the picture look better with deeper colors and nice contrast

We had made a template for the banners to make some interesting designs on them in illustrator after editing the pictures in the Photoshop I was trying to make the image eye caching and not overloaded with useless information just simple art and design text that stands out and that it works well with the
design.
An overall screenshot of my work while I was experimenting
with banner design

Banner designs with inverted and colour adjusted photographs
I have taken
A banner design further developed, one having a
repeated pattern on one banner and an added text on
the other

I like this design it has nice palette of colors that contrast with
 each other well and the text is nice and smart looking 
This is a image of some old papermache work that I found out the back it might not looked appealing at first but after some image manipulation it became an interesting image I needed to add some  space for the text so that it is nice and visible and is fitting in with the design.  
A design I thought of, one being of a photo and the
other of a design I made in illustrator
A further developed design where I used the illustrator
based design on both of the banners but with different
colour palets, looking professional
The developed banner designs with the NNC logo on the
bottom of both of them
 For this design I did simply using the line tool in illustrator and after that i filed the spaces with color I got inspired by one banner i seen with some wired shape  in the edge of the banner but my look more like a statue of a face  I think that the back ground looks a bit plain.

A design where I used a photograph on the 'inside' of the
illustrator design, giving a cool effect and professional look
 Also to make it image more interesting I added some lines on a different layer and then using the clone stamp tool I had transverse the pastern of the paint thrown at the wall that students did couple weeks ago i was surprised with the out come.
The picture is of an inverted picture of a paint
splattered wall his poster design also be used on banners
  




An overall screenshot of my work when I was working on a
poster design
A design where I had the text on the top and bottom
of the wooden stump and the & in the middle of it
The text on the poster curving at the bottom
of the wooden stump
  These pictures of a tree/wood stump stood with a grid on it next to the sidewalk that could be a promoting poster  and i had changed the image making the colors deeper and making the contrast bigger to achieve this color I had problems with with the text as the color of the image has different shades across it making the text difficult to read and make it stand out but I will experiment with it more changing the lay out and color of the text.
I had changed the text color to red as it seemed to
be the most visable on the poster.
I moved the text to one side to see how it would
 look when its more compact 
I changed the & symbol to and, placing it in
the bottom right of the poster
I tried out a couple different positions of where
to put the text on the poster to see how it would
look and if it would be visable
I like this design but looking at it now I think
 that it would've been better if I had placed the text in a 
different corner, like in the top left for example 

I tried out a design where I used the same inverted photo
design on both of the banners but flipped
A screenshot of my development of a design I was trying out,
changing the overall colours of them and using the bucket tool
on the bricks of the wall 
I tried to do something artistic with the  the brick wall by adding some colors and effects to make it interesting and eye catching i used fill bucket to place the color over the bricks or between the bricks and it made a interesting effect i might still use this design but it didn't convinced me.

I tried out changing photos to having 'main colours',
some had some interesting colors but I don't think that it 
would work well on a banner or a poster 
I like the purple and white contrasting with the green 
on this design, I think it has potential but it seems too
 dark and not that welcoming for new viewers 
Another experiment with colours I did with this
photograph, but I don't think it would be suitable
as a design
 I also did some experimentation with different pictures i did inverting the colors and adding some filters which had potential for a part of a design but not a one whole thing.  
I am working on making some kind of paint brush statue or something that would relate to art that i could use in the design to make people interested in the banner 



A design I tried out, a detailed colourful photograph on
one of the banners and a more simple design on the other one
A photograph I edited and adjusted with its
brightness and contrast
I like how this design looks, the text is visable and shows off
a colourful detailed photograph of a paint covered wall, making
an eye catching effect
The design with two large red corners added onto the top left
and bottom right, helping make the black text more viasable
and also look more professional
   I also did a design for a leaflet that people could look at and read i simply used a enhanced image of the picture i took with some test on it and some red areas to to make the text more viable and i could experiment with that a bit more.


A quick design I tried out which surprisingly
looks quite intresting and cool with the angle
of the photograph
  This is a nice design it reminds me of a book cover it wasn't hard to make its a picture with simple image enhancement such as curves to increasing the contrast and selective color to make some colors deeper than I just added the text and the logo and placed them in a good position.

No comments:

Post a Comment