Wednesday 30 November 2016

2 peaces of art from the visit

vase made by wedgwood about 1800

 

The vase was made in Wedgwood which was  founded Josiah Wedgwood how was look down on by his family and was stopped from contributing to family business. The pottery was one of the most successful potteries. That made different types of vases using newer materials to make vases in stile of greek vases with greek myths images on the vases it dos seems to be telling a story thats why I decided to pike it to look in to it more as I think that it relates to comics in that matter that it presents some kind of scenario and I am interested in visual story telling and I think that because it is a vase it brings more attention. It would be nice to create something based to that type of vases i could make a vase out of clay bay shaping it with hands as  I don't have access to a (spin while?) equipment that would be used to make vases and after that i could paint it and also i could paint the characters on it but i think that would make them seem flat so i would rather carve them out I think that it could create some interesting art.The other idea I have from it would be making a comic with using vase drawings as cells and have it on a big scale and make it have a greek stile.


Hansom cab at saints
Adolphe Valette



a a scene of a hansom crab parked at Grosvenor square on Oxford Road in manchester. It is painted by Adolphe Valette in 1910 and the view is from Oxford road, facing west where a horse and cab dominate the centre of the composition a white horse is being fead from a nosebag as it rest and it has a blanket over its back. there is also some people around just doing casual things. I like the painting because of the stile it has I like how it has a slightly distorted/dissolved look to it and it ruth details that looks really good in my opinion.I could use that kind of stile for a animation or a comic thanks to it small amount of details it can be faster to create frames that are messy but are looking good.

No comments:

Post a Comment