Thursday 19 May 2016

Making a cover

The layout and design of the nat geo based
cover
A photograph I edited by adjusting the brightness and contrast
An original photogrpah that was took of me with classmates
holding up my dreadlocks
 We had to do a project to make a book cover in National Geographic book style with the picture of ourselves on them. So to do this I had to take some shots with a camera of my with help of my class for some of them i had taken many diffident pictures to have a big amount of them to choose from. I selected 3 images that I wanted to develop, edit and put onto the cover based on the National Geographic books

An edited version of a photogrpah with a blur effect/filter added
To do the layout for the cover I had to measure out the borders to the right diameters from an actual nat geo book we were given, then, moving onto the illustrator file I used 'rulers' in the software and guided lines to make sure the measurements were correct when making the borders and text do they would all be in the correct space.
Then I had to manipulate the images and visually enhance them in the photoshop software using the standard techniques to enhance the image, by using the 'levels' option to bring out the colors, using the 'curves' option to change the contrast, and 'selective color' to take out any unwanted color from the picture.
After that main overall editing of the pictures, I had to work on enhancing my face and making it smoother and more ascetic, so by flowing a work sheet I had duplicated the layer 2 times then change the opacity on one of them to 60% and to 40% on the over one and the lighten blur on the 60 one and darken blur on the 40 one. Then I added the glassware blur filter to bout of them and merged the two layers then using an eraser I removed the blur from some facial futures like eyes to make them sharper. After that i had to remove the back ground using magical eraser and added a white back ground
An edited photograph with the brightness and contrast adjusted
along with a small blur effect
The edited photograph now cutout from the background by using
a quick select tool

Then I did some experimental work with all the different effects, most of them where mainly for experimenting so I could see what effects they do and what they looked like, but there were some that actually looked interesting and that I might've used
.  
A heavily effected version of the photograph with a shadowed
black and white filter on it
Another heavily effected photograph with a shadowed black and
white filter

No comments:

Post a Comment