Friday 13 May 2016

British values

So working on the the British values is difficult and can be confusing and its hard to not be stereotypical and still create a high quality of work. At the being  we had to do a template in the right shape and download the logo to it  to place it on the poster design and also I sketch some Union jacks in different stiles with and with out color then i decided which one I want to us then using a scanner I scanned the image to my computer  enhanced the image in photo shop (changing the levels so the colour is more alive  selective color increasing the reds and making the whit be more white also increasing the contrast with the levels option ) then the image was placed in the poster template and adjusted to size .

 To get this idea I went true a developed process so from my research I seen that there are many different kind  cultures and  races all together when I searched Equality so I decided to start of with that but it was not to good or creative eggnog for me so I decided that chest would be a good idea but after developing it I thought that it is associated wit war by many people so I wanted to avoid that and so I decided to simplify it by making it in to different shapes that i decided to make a different size as well and nice easy to read type of fount under the image. 

  For this design I took a picture of a vending machine because I thought ill be showing that British people ain't supper sassy about there tee and get it out vending machines  and just drink it casually and its nothing special people just like tee. At start i had  took a picture of the vending machine and using a pen tool a made a simple outline and aded a bit of art deco stile to it. 

  Then I decided to make it bit more pleasing so I thought that that making the vending machine be in a distance to make it seem even less important in British culture it also look a bit like a way to freedom




I did test out some different ways of expressing the way ti freedom by trying different shapes out using the shape tool and the lie tool to make tunnel looking structure.
But having them images close had made m think that it could represent tolerance as well it works ok but I don't thing that it is not eye catching maybe it needs full colors or thicker lines.
 coming back to way to freedom i thou of stairs  and how it progress to it shows that it is a journey. I am also thinking of punting the world of each British value on each step .


No comments:

Post a Comment